Sunday 25 January 2009

Anticipation.

Standing in a huge line at a hotel reception with a massive dose of the fear, dying to get into a bed. Sitting in a taxi with a girl I am dying to sleep with, hoping she gets out at mine. Mentally counting down the days until a new GTA comes out. Knowing that there are my aunties home made sausages straight from Italy in the fridge, that will be dinner some day soon. The two years it took to finally have sex with one of my exes, while she was in a long term relationship, The fifteen years before I lost my virginity, the fourteen years before I got head, the eighteen years before I came on a girls face, and the twenty years before I got my wings. I seem to have spent my life anticipating things. I am a habitual anticipater, if you will. As we all are I guess. So, with all those big things waited for and got, what do I have to anticipate these days, well it changes weekly, mostly involving sex or movies, but with such experience in both I have fairly outlandish expectations. This week I was lucky enough to get a shot of Pro Evo 2009 on the PS3, it blew my mind. The game is exactly the same, but there is a new feature called Become A Legend, and it is incredible, like the first time you saw tits, its a whole new world. Fifa have ofcourse got their own version, which I have been assured is also great, but as my mum always says, 'you can put diamonds in shit, but at the end of the day all you have is shitty diamonds'. She is a wise woman, my mother. So, Pro evo 09 is out on PS3 and xbox. Fifa is out on all formats. Now, I only have a PS2, so do I bow to the heavy anticipation building up in my brain and buy fifa, losing me my friends and masculinity, or do I wait it out, untill this friday, which from now is less than a week. I have chosen to wait, and I think my head is going to explode. In Become A Legend you create your own character, then you start your career, trying to get signed for big teams, score big goals, and maybe win big tournaments. Basically it is the perfect thing for people like me, who used to think they were amazing at football but never caught the breaks, roughly translated as wisnae gid enough. So come friday I will get this game, lock myself in my flat,or, more importantly lock out my flatmates. Fire up the big screen and Become A Legend, and until then the anticipation will subdue my hatred of the fact it has taken 3 extra weeks for the bastards that make the game to release it on PS2. I suppose I have to come to terms with the fact I own a soon to be obsolete format, I should have traded up when Call Of Duty 4 was not released on PS2. But I held out. If there is one kind of person I truly hate, its people who think it's cool to use retro machines, and I am quickly becoming one, standing by a machine that went out with good resin. It's a money thing, if I could afford a ps3 or xbox, I would certainly buy one. Untill then I have a ps2, which I love, which maybe has something to do with the wall projector I play it through.
I started writing this on Monday of this week, it is now Thursday and I have less than 24 hours untill I get my copy, and I couldn't be more excited, those things listed at the beginning were probably more important, and in most cases, they were certainly more fun than a football game, but that was then, just now it is all I have, my life has come to this, writing about being excited about football games, which, by the way I really suck at. I should have mentioned that early on. I really truly suck at sports games on station, I excel at shooting fools in the head in games such as call of duty, or GTA, but when it comes to sports I am awful. Just last night i finished a 3 man league last, with one point, that's like admitting you don't like eating meat. It will change your peers opinions of you.
There is no contacting me this friday night, sure I should maybe go out and try and meet people, maybe get my fuck on, but only one girl could pull me away from my game, and her name is Megan Fox, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have my number.
It has been months since the game was released, the world is disaray, businesses are shutting down left right and center, no one is safe from the dreaded credit crunch, except they are. Thats the funny thing, the credit crunch didn't seem to affect the spending over christmas and new year, and then the post festive sales have been mobbed aswell. Go figure. My Become a Legend career has flourished, having moved around alot from clubs such as Newcastle, Torino, Lazio, ManU, and finished up at AC Milan, which is where i am just now. I have been capped for Italy, and collected many prizes for my general awesomeness on the field. The only problem now is that I have managed to break my copy of Pro Evo 9, after dropping my playstation with the game on and playing. So, I guess I will have to settle for Call Of Duty Final Fronts instead.

No comments: